Saturday, September 6, 2014

Matriculation Photos

WOW - this last month has been such a busy one for me!!  I have been getting a complete physical from the tip of my nose to the end of my tail, by the Canine Companion vet doctors.  They have taken x-rays of all my joints, drawn blood, checked my eyes, looked deep down in my eyes, checked over everyone of my teeth.  Even looked at all my toes on each one of my paws!!  I didn't know a puppy could be looked over so completely!!  They even looked under my tail at my backside, (and I didn't care for that area being poked and prodded very much, thank you!!).  My kennel mate, (Fraggle), and I are getting along very well.  We like our trainer and she gives us lots of hugs.  This month we have started our advanced training schedule and it is very hectic!!  We are up and fed at 7:30.  Then we get to go out to play and exercise, (yea).  Then, it's off to the training rooms for about 2 hours.  We are in groups of 12 right now, they will start releasing those of us that are not able to be service dogs and directing us to other areas for assessment, (hopefully, I am not one of those!).  Then it's back to the kennel for our afternoon meal, (we eat at 11:30, have a short rest, and then another exercise play break).  Then back to the training facility again for another 3 hours with our trainers.  Around 4:30, we get our final exercise play break and then we are back to our kennels for the evening.  Fraggle and I usually are so tired that we just collapse into our kennel and fall asleep.  A few times we have had girl talk about our moms and dads back home, (wondering what they are doing and if they miss us as much as we miss them).    Right now my favorite time is the exercise play time.  Anyways, right now we are doing a lot of the review of the commands that mom and dad taught me, but the trainers said it will start to get harder, as I learn many more new commands.

I just wanted to pass along a couple of photos that were taken by the professional photographer at the ceremony during my turn-in:

 Here's one of mom, dad, and me.  I think this one turned out real good.  This is the only picture ever taken of all 3 of us together at once!!  I'm going to keep this next to my cot in my kennel.
This photo is us walking up to the stage to be presented as the new in-coming group of puppies.  Mom didn't know that they were taking this photo, (but dad did!!).


Finally - here is a collage of me and all my sisters and brothers on our matriculation.  Poor Koda, wasn't too happy about leaving home.  Kira and I got to meet up and take a few photos together.  I was so glad to get to see her again!  I would sure like to see the others again soon.



I probably won't be writing very much more, as my schedule will be getting so busy.  But mom will starting getting a monthly report card next month.  I'm guessing that she will be sharing that with everyone and letting them know how I am doing.  Keep you paws crossed for me, and remember me in your nightly prayers.  I miss everyone, even the cat!!
Love, Karlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment